Monday, January 22, 2007

Blog for Choice

Why do I choose to participate in this Day? I wish to educate über-conservatives such as an acquaintance who wrote this to DeliBoy in an email regarding illegal immigrants:
Bill you mean like abortions? Liberals support over 3500 a day in the USA. At that rate how long before we could get rid of all the Mexicans?
Repugnant, I know. Since I was cc'd on this email, I responded:
Where did this come from? The misguided belief that Liberals encourage abortions? I don't know anyone who is in favor of someone having an abortion (although you would admit that it would be cheaper than supporting a welfare mother - which conservatives are obviously against). What Liberals support is the personal choice of what medical procedures will and won't be performed on our bodies (don't forget Terri Schiavo). Period.
Conservatives seem to subscribe to the belief that government should not intervene into "Business", that a free market will take care of itself. And yet, they find no problem with involving themselves in our personal lives.. how do you reconcile that?
He never responded. Coward! I believe that I know what is best for me, thank you very much!

No comments: