Saturday, February 23, 2008

Playing with Clay

Last year I broke out some polymer clay that I had bought over 10 years ago. I had been afraid that I would screw it up and I wasn't sure of what I wanted to do with it. I also didn't have a place to dedicate to crafting. So, it went unnoticed in a closet.
So, last April, as I was relocating our daughter to a new room, I found my clay. I decided that it was time to try it out. The wealth of information online was a big help to nudging me to unwrap my clay. I found many great sites that took me through the steps of creating clay objects, but the one that got me motivated was How to Cover an Altoid tin.
I needed a place where I could set up a table and be able to leave things out. I decided to locate me craft center in the basement, on an old desk where the kids computer used to be. Here is what has evolved:


It's not beautiful, or even luxurious, but it's all mine!
This is what I've been creating:

No comments: